About the Eastern District of
Texas Bar Association
This Association shall be known as The Eastern District of Texas Bar Association. The purposes for which the Association is formed are set forth in the Articles of Incorporation of the Association, and are as follows:
- The facilitation of the administration of justice in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Fostering the highest ethical and professional standards among lawyers admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Devotion to the improvement of the legal profession and the legal community as a whole in the Eastern District of Texas.
- The preservation of high standards of integrity, honor, professionalism and courtesy in the legal profession among the lawyers admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas.
- The cultivation of a spirit of good fellowship and collegiality among the members.
- To provide a forum for the discussion and debate of subjects relevant to the practice of law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas among the lawyers and judges of the district.
- To do all other things which the board of directors may determine are necessary or helpful to improve the practice of law in the Eastern District of Texas subject only to the limitations placed on non-profit corporations by the laws of the State of Texas or which are placed on Section 501 (c)(6) corporations by the laws of the United States.
- Improving the reputation of the legal profession and the legal community in the Eastern District Of Texas.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Articles of Incorporation, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in this furtherance of the primary purposes of this corporation, and shall not conduct or carry on any activities not permitted to be conducted or carried on by an organization exempt from taxation under Section 501 (c) (6) of the Internal Revenue Code and its regulations, as they may now exist or as they may be hereafter amended.